Friday, April 3, 2015

Digital Easter Cards

Hello Everyone!  I have some last minute Easter cards that I made yesterday in My Digital Studio.  I loved the stamp "Blessed Easter" and so when I saw that it was available in digital form I just had to get it.  I look for digital stamps that would be great for use with Aqua Painters or other coloring tools.  When I heard that Stampin' Up! was going to discontinue MDS, I started looking through the stamp brush sets for other digital stamps that would be great for coloring.  I haven't yet found a new place for digital stamps, so I am making a wish list of Stampin' Up! stamp brush sets to get in case there is a last minute digital sale.  A girl can dream right? 


 I love digital stamps for coloring because I can enlarge or shrink them to fit my needs.  I made a sheet of stamp images and printed them out.  I have a printer that allows me to print on thicker paper through a special slot in the back. It can only do one sheet at a time and will print on my Whisper White cardstock and even watercolor paper. I printed one of each (Whisper White and Watercolor) for my Easter cards.




I love digital stamps because you don't get any accidental inked edges or blurry lines.  And I can use the Coloring tool to make some of the stamp image black, and some green as I did with this stamp. I could even have cropped off the sentiment and just used the tulips. 










I used my markers to color the images on the Whisper White paper.  I used Pink Pirouette on the tulips.  If you let an area dry and then go over it again, you can get some darker tones to get a richer look to your coloring.































I used my Aqua Painter to color the tulips on the Watercolor paper.  This is my favorite way to color.














I cut out all my images and used various scraps of paper to embellish card bases. I challenged myself to only use scraps on these cards, with a solid base of course. 
































I love linen thread and so I had to add some of that to my cards as well, 















Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment