Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lucky You ~ A St. Patrick's Day Download!

Hello!  I thought I would share a page I made with this weeks Digital download deal.  Did you know that each week Stampin' Up! releases a past download at a discount?  Well they do!  And this week it is a St. Patrick's Day download.  Yea! I used it to make a page last year.  I was helping out at my daughter's school on St. Patrick's Day and the teacher said they were going to an assembly. I was so glad to find that it was a troop of Irish Dancers from Trinity Irish Dance Academy.  They have won awards and were really very good.   And, Lucky me, because I was helping the preschoolers, I had a front row seat!  



This download is meant for party decor, but the elements can be used for a page as I did here.  The pennants were meant to be big banners for your party, but they can be resized because they are digital! yea!  one thing to I wanted to point out is that the patterns do not have a backing, because they were meant to be printed onto white paper.  So, to use them on top of another pattern, you have to add a back. Here are some photos to better explain what I mean...
here is what the pennant stamp looks like, you can see right through it.




I added a pennant punch and made it white, and placed it behind the stamp.





I did that with each of the pennants.



I also wanted to add shamrocks to my page but the shamrock stamps all had words with them.  That is where the crop tool comes in.  I added the stamp and clicked the "crop" button.  A new editing box will open and you can highlight the area you want.











Check out the digital deal each week to see what download is on sale!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment