Monday, July 14, 2014

MDS Monday #74

Happy Monday everyone!! This week I am hosting the challenge at MDS Monday!  I have a new twist on the grouped photo boxes that we have done in the past.  This time, after creating your grouped photo boxes, I would like you to try this trick, make all but one, black and white.  You don't have to keep to this grouping, make a grouping that works with your photo.  If you decide not to do the grouped boxes, then arrange your photos in a group and do one in color and the rest in black and white.  You can see what I mean by checking out what the rest of the design team came up with on the MDS Monday blog.  



Here is the basic sketch...




















I couldn't decide if the top page was too dark, so I made another one.  I am still trying to decided which one to print out. 

















Here is a video showing the grouped photo boxes technique...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EgDKGDvXtZ0

The only way to get one of your photos color and the rest black and white is to "ungroup" when you are finished, and then change them.
I hope you will give this technique a try, I think it is fun.  And, since a lot of us are going to convention this week, we decided to leave the challenge up for a second week, so you will have plenty of time to give it a try!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love both of them! I would be hard-pressed to decide which to print too. I love the chevrons 'pointing' to the photo. These are amazing pages. Thanks for a great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I love your template for this week, and your idea of shifting one panel! I loved trying it myself too. Your page turned out great (I vote for the first one)! It's a great way to focus on one person out of a crowd. Awesome technique!!!

    ReplyDelete