Thursday, April 24, 2014

Teacher Appreciation!!

Teacher appreciation is fast approaching and for once, I am going to be on time!! Early with my projects even!!  It is all thanks to the new downloads at Stampin' Up! this week!  There were two downloads and the first one is a dog ensemble called "Paw Parade" and the second is called "The Very Bestest"
I am not a dog person, I love them, but I love them when I can just pet them and then have them go home.  I do however see lots of use for the other download "The Very Bestest".  There are sentiments for Mother's Day and Father's Day, Teacher Appreciation and more.













 I used two of the images for Teacher Appreciation.  The first one says "Thank you for helping me grow", perfect for adding to a flower arrangement or a plant.   I opened up an 8 1/2 by 11 page to start.  When I print at home I generally choose this size, because this is what my printer will do :)   













I used the coloring tool to add multiple colors to my stamp.  This is really simple because you can zoom in to get the small details.














I also added a ruler image.  This image is from the "A is for Apple" stamp brush set, which is included with the My Digital Studio software. The ruler is actually 12 inches long, so I used the cropping tool to size it down to 4 inches. 







Once I had the images on my page, I copied and pasted them again so that I would have two of each.
















I attached the card to a ruler so that I could stick it into the flower pot.   A wooden ruler would have been cuter but I couldn't find one :(  I have a few more days so if I see one I plan to switch it out.












I also added a paper flower to the front for some added sweetness :)  I punched the flower out of some Primrose Petals paper with the Petite Petals punch. I love that My digital Studio works seamlessly with Stampin' Up! paper products!


















This second gift set was super easy as well.   I colored the stamp with various shades of purple to go with the lavender scent of the hand lotions and soaps.

















 I cut the tag out with the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies.




















I attached the tag with some Wisteria Wonder ribbon from the Clearance Rack.  Love the Clearance Rack!! Check it every once and a while because Stampin' Up! updates it with new clearance items!


















 
I hope you get some ideas for gift giving!  Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Beth! You always have great ideas for teachers' gifts.

    ReplyDelete