Monday, August 19, 2013

MDS Monday # 28!

It's Monday again!  Time for MDS Monday sketch number 28!!  This week we have a card sketch brought to us from Tara.   I went with a Christmas theme this week.  The kids started back to school TODAY!! and so I'm realizing summer is just about over.   I love fall and winter, so this is not really a bad thing for me. 

Today's project uses the recently released Season of Style digital paper.  I love this paper, digital and real.  Very pretty!!  Are you wondering how I rounded the corners of the rectangles?  Well, normally I would  use a square punch, stretched into a rectangle.  This time I used a photo box stretched into a rectangle.  Using a photo box enables you to round the corners or rip the sides.  Fun.

Part of today's sketch is to use an "Embellishment Cluster" on your card.  Here I have used a star punch filled with gold glimmer paper, a Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, a Snowflake from the Snowday Woodcuts kit, a Rhinestone, a Merry Christmas tag and a little green flourish in the background.  
Here is the sketch...
 
Now, head on over to the MDS Monday site and see what the other team members came up with.  Then make your own version and be sure to link it to the MDS Monday page so we can see what you've come up with!  Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment