Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!

 


This is a pre-made template, one of the many fun templates at Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio.  A great thing about the templates is that you get the finished template, but also all the separate elements that are used to make it.  In this case that means all the quotes, the stars and the flag.  You can then use those on other projects as well.   You can also resize the templates!  This one would be a great card to send to a service member. 













This is a close up of the template.





















These are some of the other templates I have in my frame, I change them out with the seasons.  Stampin' Up has quite a few frameable templates in their store.  Follow this link to see them.










It is really easy to change this template into a greeting card size.  Simply click on the edit button and twords the bottom you will see "change project size / type"
That looks like this...

You do need to keep within the same size ratios. For example, this template is a portrait style rectangle, so you should stick with rectangle shaped cards, not square.  I first tried a 5 x 7 greeting card size, which looks like this when you try to print it at home.
You can chose to print it out so that you can fold it in half to make your card.  To do this you would simply click on the "quick setting" at the bottom.  Here is where that is, and what the project will look like...

see where the red arrow is?  that is the setting for a greeting card.  The dotted likes will not print, that just shows you where you will need to trim and fold to make the 5 x 7 card.  You can also choose to make just a card front, and two will fit on a page.  Click the other Quick setting for this....

See how you now have two card fronts?  You can them mount them onto cardstock.   I decided that they were bigger than I wanted, so I changed the template yet again to a 3 1/2 by 5 greeting card.
I hit the "edit" button, then "change size / type".  I then clicked the 4 cards quick setting, which gets you this...
 
I printed them out, and them mounted them onto cardstock.  I added a few embellishments and my projects were complete! Quick and Easy!!
 
 
 I thought I would show you a great card made by my friend Linda Budzik in MDS.  She designed this card for Operation Write Home.  I love the hearts and the words representing the stripes.  Great card Linda!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful July 4th!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment