Monday, March 4, 2013

MDS Monday challenge 8

I made this page for the MDS Monday challenge 8.  This was a fun layout.  The circles reminded me of  the snowflakes that were falling last week as I started to work on this page, so that is the direction I went with the sketch.  I had to add another photo, since I have 3 kids :)  I copied the background paper for my title and added some punch circles and letters to spell it out.  The challenge was not just the sketch though, it was also to use the "Rip Edges" feature on the photos.  That worked nicely with the snow too!  Don't you love when things fall into place? 
Here is the sketch...





This is the kit I used for the papers...Frosty Day II  #128875 $9.95
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love how you pulled the background paper onto the front of the spread. Great job curving your text too. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your title! How fun! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your journaling around the circles.. And the fun patters of Paper. That bog snowflake really pops. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these colours are fabulous! What a fun page, Beth - Love the text! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete