Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finding Downloads

A common topic of conversion among MDS users is being able to find downloads.  The catalog has grown so much!! With new downloads being added every Tuesday, its hard to keep up.  I have to admit that I have quite a few of them, I wont even tell you how many "Pages" of downloads I have at the Stampin' Up! site.  I am so glad that they keep our library of downloads there for us, but you can only see them by date purchased and only a few show up at a time, so if you do need to reload them for some reason, this can be cumbersome.  And, what if you saw a download used by someone, and you want to get it too?  You need to know if it was part of a stamp brush, a kit, a template, etc.  Recently someone was looking for the download I used here:
.  I titled my post "Family Tree", but the name of the download is "Sweetly Nested".  It is under Templates, item number 129005 $4.95 if ordering through a demo.  I have also had people who bought the download ask me where to find it in their systems.  It will be in your 8 1/2 by 11 portrait templates.  Once you open the template, you can edit the page to make it into a 12 x 12 page if you want, that's what I did.  You can also find the elements of the template in your embellishments (the heart flowers and the birds) and other elements in your stamps (brackets, tree, leaves, etc.)    A lot of Stampin' Up! template pages are like this.  You find the whole finished page in your templates, and the parts that make up the page in your other folders.  I like to purchase templates for this reason, they are usually offered at a great price, and you get lots of little details to sweeten the deal.  The Toxic frameable is a favorite, as is the Homemade Happiness (I've used the sweet gingerbread man on scrapbook pages and Christmas tags, as well as a cookie recipe sheet).    Anyway, Since I was asked by one I thought others might have questions about downloads too.  If you have any, let me know, I will be happy to answer and share the conversion with other MDSers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment