Monday, October 22, 2012

Zachary's Birthday

 
A lot of the children in my son Zachary's class bring a little treat of some kind on their birthday, so of course Zachary wanted to bring something too.  The school has a zero food policy, no candy or edible things of any kind, which makes it hard to think of what to bring.  Lucky for me Halloween is just around the corner and I found some fun things at Target to put in the little pouches.  I used the Blast Off kit from Stampin' Up! to create a page of these cute little space ships.  

There are 20 kids in class, so I printed out 5 sheets onto Whisper White card stock.  I cut them all apart and rolled them into tubes, sort of like toilet paper tubes.  I used red sticky strip to ensure that they stay together when I filled them.  Once you make your tube, pinch one end closed and use sticky strip again.  Then fill your pouch.  I forgot to fill two of them, very annoying. 
 
Next, use sticky strip again to pinch the other side closed, this time going in the opposite direction. 
I also made a few goodie bags for the boys who came with us to the movies for his birthday.  I used the same image, cut it out, and adhered it to a party bag.  I also made little toothpicks with aliens and "6" on them for the cup cakes.  This is a fun download, its a photobook download, but I have been using all the fun little embellishments on lots of projects and birthday cards and pages. 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment