Thursday, August 2, 2012

Great new feature of MDS2

So, I've been playing around with MDS2 a bit tonight and while there are a lot of great new features, one of the features I am enjoying the most so far is the new ability to re size ANY size project.  With the original MDS, you could re size a 12 x 12 into an 8 x 8 or 5 x 5, but that is it.   A square needed to stay a square.  And, when looking at your pre-made templates, you had to click on a project and choose a size, then you could see what templates you had.   Now, with MDS2, when you want to look at what templates you own, you can click on a button called "Designer Templates"  and you can scroll through ALL of your templates, card templates and page templates, everything in one place.  And, this is great because now you can re size a 12 x 12 page into a 8 1/2 by 11 or even a greeting card.   Some tweaking may be needed, but the essence of the template says intact.  For example, if you re size an 8 1/2 by 11 landscape into a 12 x 12 page, you may want to re space some things, or add a few things, because the page is larger.  Here is an example.  The first picture uses a page from the Sunny Day templates, which are 8 1/2 by 11 portrait size.
Here is the 12 x 12 version.  The things I had to tweak are that I group all the page elements so I could move them up on the page.  On the larger version there was a huge orange polka dot area at the top and the main element box ( that's what I'm calling the pink area and all the things on it, such as the pictures and the flower stamps and the ribbon etc) was all the same but at the very bottom of the page.  Jillian's shoes were off the page entirely for some reason.  So, I dragged all the elements up.  Then I had to re add the white flowers at the bottom because they were gone. Maybe because they are hanging off the page in the 8 1/2 by 11 size, not sure.  But anyway, I just had to re add them and that was it.  So, now my 12 x 12 premade template page options have grown by leaps and bounds.  And my card options too!  I thought I would see what this template looked like as a card.  I took off the "Happy" and replaced it with "Happy Birthday".  I also made the green background above the jumping picture smaller. 
So, here is what it would look like as a birthday card.  Just a tiny bit of tweaking and it was all done! Love this feature!



I'll post some other great features as I get to know them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment