Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Digi scrap challenge








Tuesdays are great days for Digi Scrap lovers like me.  Each Tuesday Stampin' Up! releases new digital downloads, today's were awesome!!  And, each Tuesday my other favorite site has a digital scrap challenge!  The scrap challenges are a great way to get yourself started on a page.   This is week two of the monthly progressive challenge.  The progressive challenges give you a task to do each Tuesday of the month, then by the end of the month, your page is done. 

The first week we had to choose a background paper, add another background layer, then a border of some kind.  My choice was to use the new Bandstand papers, these are great colors and papers for kids, but they are not primary tones, so also great for other types of pictures as well.  I added the darkest pattern for my background, then added a square punch resized to 11.5 inches and paper filled it with a lighter pattern from the same Bandstand kit.  Next I added yet another punch square, resized to 11 inches, and color filled it with Pool Party.  I added a stamp overlay border from the Days to Remember hostess kit resized to 11 inches and colored whisper white at 50% opacity.

For week two we were to add 7 or 8 boxes to our page, filling at least 3 with photos and the rest with paper.  Then we were to add shadows to our boxes.  I just realized that I only added 6 boxes, oops! :)

There is also a separate non-progressive challenge each Tuesday too.  I haven't gotten to that one yet, so check back soon!

Here is a link to the challenges, why not play along?  You can go back and do past months progressive challenges all at once, or try out one of the other challenges. 

Check back next week to see how the progressive page is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment