Monday, August 27, 2012

Copying a Sketch and using a new feature

I remember this day so well.   Jillian was so happy to sit and play with her toys all by herself.   Hard to believe this is my Jillian.  Now she is three and a total wiggle worm.  She just can not sit still for a minute. 
I was recently turned on to a website that has free scrapbook sketches and  I used one of those sketches to make this page.
The color combination was for, you guessed it, a challenge from SplitcoastStampers!  I know, most of my posts refer to challenges from this site, but I have to tell you, this is a good way to jump start you pages.  Every once and a while a challenge just doesn't work for me, and so I skip it, but most of the time I really like what I end up making.  And when I get my finished pages back from the printer, its like Christmas!  They look so pretty all printed out. 
The papers and embellishments for this page are from the "One Great Year" digital kit.

This kit comes with papers, some stamps, ad lots of embellishments, including lots of elements to make Calender pages.  The colors are pretty too, Basic Grey, Pear Pizazz, Elegant Eggplant.
I also used a new feature of MDS2 on this page.  There is a new feature that allows you to attache a text box to a shape, such as a punch.  On this page I made a text box of journaling and attached it to a circle punch, then put it in the center of the medallion.   You can also use this feature to attach text to a free form line, like a did a few posts ago on a balloon string and to make a butterfly trail.   
Watch this video to see how to do this for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment